Any creative ideas for groom and groomsmen( Hunters)

elaine marie

I am doing a wedding in 3 weeks where the groom and his party are

all Bow hunters. Any creative ,fun ideas for group shots of them?<P>

They are wearing camo colored wedding vest under their suit coats. I

told them to all bring their hunting hats and sunglasses. This is a

young group of guys that like to have fun.Any ideas?<P>

Elaine Marie

I like the bow stance idea. I don't know much about hunting so I am at a loss for ideas. The group photos will be taken at our huge downtown court house. There are lots of trees and huge sets of concrete steps leading up to the courthouse.<P> Thanks Keri...any others?<P>

Elaine Marie

Ok, first I'm going to say that this idea is so cheesey...

You could do a shot of the bride and groom walking between two lines of groomsmen with bows crossed overhead, much like a Marine wedding. I don't know how many groomsmen you have, or if the bows would even show up well.

http://www.grunt.com/images-bs/other/pangalos.jpg

Instead of bows, you could also try silver spray-painted arrows and play off of some Cupid idea.

Anyway, it was worth a shot (pun intended). :]

Jen

It might be hard to pull off...but how about replicating the old 'deer tied to the hood of the car' scene. But with either the bride or groom as the deer?

How about having the groom trying to hide behind some plants or trees...while the groom's men (or bride) are desperately trying to find him. (worryingly looking at watch etc.)

OK, yeah it's probably cheesy but they're gonna love whatever you do (or at least he will). How about the idea with the groom and groomsman stalking with their bow & arrows (preferably in a wooded area) and the bride standing in the clearing with big, innocent eyes (picture Bambi).

Jim

I guess cheesy and very hard to explain since I don't know how to do this but...(assuming bows means bow and arrows)... do a split photo (don't know what it's called with groomsmen on top pointing bow and arrows down, then bottom haldf of photo is bride and groom looking at each other lovingly or kissing or whatever. photoshop a heart shaped glow around them or something.

or have grromsmen positioned all around the bride and groom, some above on a porch or something, some kneeling below, all pointing arrows at them? bride and groom with hands on their hearts?

Getting away from the men only shot you asked for:

groomsmen, preferably with stick-on arrows attached to their foreheads etc, rounded up

by threatening bridesmaids holding bows and arrows at the ready. To the side, the smug

Groom (or Bride) holding a bow whilst embracing their rescued and relieved partner.

Heavens, it looks good.

Gary

[now searching the directories for Archery Clubs :-) ]

Ok... this will only work if the bridal party has a sense of humor and if you are comfortable

with the idea. If they are really crazy ask the guys to drop their dress pants around their

ankles and stand there in their boxers. Most guys will jump at this opportunity. I have had

very good results. The amount of laughter that takes place during the shoot will provide

great facial expressions especially of the Bride and the girls watching and laughing at the

men trying to un-clip their suspenders to show off their boxers However if you are not

comfortable asking them to do it... FORGET IT. Try a Charlie's Angels idea with the girls.

Sounds like you will have fun either way.