Transistor E help

minush

I have just purchased a Transistor Pack E and in the very poor written manual a can't seem

to find how long and how do I know the battery is charged.

After some web search last night i found out that you need to charge it for 15H, did that

and still no lock.

The pilot light in the battery is constant red and did not change after recharge. Do i need

to keep batteries in the flash all the time?

If any one owns a battery like this please help me determine if I got a bad product or just

don't know what I am doing.I have a 580ex if that helps

Thanx Minush

Your Transistor Pack E is operating normally. The unit does not provide any indication of full charge. Obviously, with a full charge your 580EX will recycle very rapidly, probably in less than 1 second after a full power flash.

My method for determining if the unit was fully charged was to measure the voltage with a voltmeter; when it measured approximately the same as the output voltage imprinted on the charger, I knew it was fully charged.

The unit contains sub-C cell NiCd batteries. NiCds have a memory effect so they should be completely discharged occasionally for best performance.

I have "retired" my Transistor Pack E and replaced it with the CP-E3 which I use with NiMH rechargeable AA batteries. It recycles my 580EX faster than the Transistor Pack E and is tiny in comparison.