28 'cron bokeh

jason_b.

I don't have samples to show you ( I don't use a 28 on my Leicas) but dude, weigh the

size and speed of these lenses, and it's no contest- the bokeh is likely to be much

like the 50 'lux ASPH, which I know you like, so what's the issue? Is it cost?<p>If you

go into one of the shops in town that sell them, someone should loan you the lens to

shoot some pics and see for yourself. If you leave another lens as collateral, they

should let you out for a couple of hours to play...

I've been looking for sample pictures on the forum- I know there have been a bunch. I can't

seem to find any. Thanks Jonas for your image. It looks pretty much fine. Hard to tell from

one sample though. Are there any aperture and focal distances where it is really gnarly?

If money is not a big deal for you then get the Summicron and remember to shoot it open at f2 or 2.8 often. Mostly its just clean well corrected modern lens bokeh and super razor sharpness in focus. Sometimes it gets a little swirly OOF at f2 (in a good way).

Do you think you'll use it a lot or is it just a fill-in so you are covered in that focal length? The Summicron has -great everything- but the price. It'd be one of the last lenses of mine I'd ever turn loose of.