Wedding packages

lostfx

Hi, guys!

I would like to ask you rather trivial question. When you specify

certain amount of images for Bride & Groom in your package, does that

mean that these will be automatically handed to them in album at the

date of delivery? Or you just give them candid pictures in the

envelope? And after that they may choose at additional cost which

type of album they want to have these pictures in?

I'm offering only digital / magazine style albums, but for those

customers who want to have a choice of common (Art Leather) style of

albums I'm not quite sure how that works.

Thank you,

Dusan D.

AAll of our packages include loose reprints, which the B&G can pick out themselves and order after they've seen the proofs. We turn it around as quickly as they give us the order, which can range anywhere from 1 week to 1 year, depending on the client. We give them the reprints in a nice presentation box.

We do it a couple of different ways for albums, but in most cases the client chooses the pictures they want included after they've received the proofs. Some clients ask that we take care of the album and just show a mock-up to them. Others give us a list of pictures they liked. A rare few will actually lay out the album, page by page, specifying everything from picture, location, size and the type of matte. We leave it entirely up to each client on how involved they would like to get in the process, and it has worked well for us.

Hope this helps!

Jen

I meant that usually there is specified number of images for B&G, for parents of B&G, etc. All these are in certain sizes like 10x8 or 10x10 or 5x7, etc.

I was just wondering if you automatically submit these B&G pictures in album that B&G choose and the price for that Album is covered in each package (without mentioning it on price list), or as already mentioned in the post above, you just give them the images in a box or envelope. Or if they decide to go with the album, you just charge them for the album itself on top of that package thay have chosen. Because that is what I want to do, I'm just wondering what is the most typical or common business practise in regards to regular art leather type albums.

Thanks.

We offer several packages wich are fixed variations:

1) One (proof) album with 104 photos, and two (proof) albums with 36 photos each (for the parents);

2) Two (proof) albums with 208 (104 each) photos, and two (proof) albums with 36 photos each (for the parents).

These may be 5x7 or 6x8 prints.

In our market most photographers just hand the lab's envelope to the customer, so a proof album is well received. If you do like this, a predefined number of photos is expected (as these albums have a defined number of picture spaces).

We are about to start a magazine style albums, and this may be a different situation, where a number of images may be different depending on the event.

Ruben

Dusan,

My albums are specified by page. I used to say 12 8X10's, 24 5X7's, and 24 4X5's. But, The bride could not see how these needed to flow. She always picked out things that did not go together on a page. Now I say a 36 page album. I have the bride make a list of her favorite images, and I help her lay it out (traditional album). We walk through the images she selected, and figure out how many and which ones to go on a page to tell the story. This has worked better for me, because I am not pulling my hair out trying to get the images she wants in the album to tell a story. I haven't sold any digital albums yet, all my brides have ordered traditional (cheaper). So, when they do, I plan on them giving me a list of images, and I'll put the album together. I'll sell it to them as a "24 page" album. Then I'll have them pick out approximately 3 images per side. I have heard from other designers that this is the average. Some pages have more, some less. So, for a 24 page album they need to pick out "about 75 images." Then you can work from there.