Shooting over the shoulder

darlene_briscoe

Did a wedding this weekend, very beautiful. Was wondering how to

handle the guests that are shooting over my shoulder. Tried to ask

the guest not to do this but the father of the bride got very angry.

thanks for any suggestions on how to handle this before the

cereomony, so that this is not a issue during their joyous occassion

and during the posed (before reception} shots. Thank you

There was just a posting on this yesterday I think too. Let them shoot as long as they are not bothering you. If flash or whatever are messing up what you are doing then nicly let them know to wait. Otherwise don't worry, Chances are great that the pics they are taking won't come out anyway.

...you could 'adjust' your contract to include the fact that a 'flash' going off along side your face may cause you to request damages for injury to your eyesight. Other than that, you just have to go with the flow...

I don't mind unless the B/G have their eyes in different directions. What I do is tell the people to stand behind me or right to my side and I also ask very nicely not to use flash, but at times I even set up shots for them and ask them to wait until I take it and give them a chance to take theirs. Quite often it turned into a lot of fun and everybody enjoyed it including myself. It is after all the couples day and I am not going to ruin it for them by upsetting grandma or aunt Bertha ..........what is a couple of extra minutes. I always schedule enough time to not let this throw me of and it makes everybody happy :)

If the bride's father gets upset, or anyone else for that matter, I would just ask the bride/groom to deal with it, so your hands stay clean...let them deal with the family stuff. I would tell the B&G that if they want you to do your job, the'll have to intervened when guests/relatives/parents get stupid. It's not your problem, so don't take it on your shoulders...defer to them.

If the bride's father gets upset, or anyone else for that matter, I would just ask the bride/groom to deal with it, so your hands stay clean...

I think an experience pro can handle people in such a way that they don't get angry in the first place. Be nice, have fun, Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! The wedding is not about the photography, it's the other way around.

I don't mind. As I stated in the other post, I had a guy on Saturday ask me to move because I was in HIS shot! I laughed it off, because I really did think it was funny. The Groom saw the whole thing and actually thanked me later for handleing it so well. I look at it this way, These guest love the Bride and Groom. They know them in way I never will. I don't want to take their moment away from them. As long as I get my shots I am cool.

The formals are the only time I get bothered about it. Not only does flash bother the wedding party, but as I'm shooting I constantly have to remind everyone to look at me and not Uncle Bob. I have a statement in my contract that takes care of this. Something like:

"It is understood that XXX Photography is the exclusive official photographer retained to perform the photographic services requested. Wedding attendees may take pictures, but will be asked not to if they intrude on the photographerメs responsibilities."

The pro I've worked for asks that people wait until she gets her shot, then she steps aside for a moment for them to shoot. It works out nicely and I have noticed that with others in the room, the wedding party seems more relaxed and you never know what great candids you may get or whose suggestions you may try out for poses!

It turned out to be a cool shot. I state in my contract for guests to try to refrain when I'm doing group shots. But I don't really mind. Most of the time they will wait until you take a shot. You want to give the impression that you are fun and easy to work with.