Rebel XT - Unexplainable things in images

katrin_svana_eythors

Is that one spot really in all of your images you shoot at typical apertures?

My guess is you used the "normal" all blue sky exposure of f16 or f22. Does it really show up in images that are not all blue skies and at typical f-stop settings of f5.6-11? I only ask because attempting to clean a relatively clean sensor with just one spot only visible in an all blue sky dust test exposure could result in situations like this if you aren't sure of what you are doing:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00DeSk

"cleaning" can also result in an even dirtier sensor if you are not very careful.

"I have a strange spot appearing in all my pictures which can be maybe be fixed with sensor cleaning..."

People--this person REALIZES there's dust!

"...but whenever I take a vertical picture I get a white line through the top of the photo."

Highlight the entire photo and you'll see what this person meant. As for the answer, I have no idea.

I am considering buying a Rebel XT and have read a number of reviews about it and one complaint many people have had is that it unexpicably seems to accumulate dust which shows up as spots in photos, and the dust is located in places where it cannot be cleaned, except professionally. Some even say that this problem occurs very shortly---within a week or two--of purchasing the camera. I'm now reconsidering...