Bronica user seeks meter advice

ron_black2

I need some advice on exposure meters i use a Bronica Etrsi and meter

with a weston master 111 i am also getting interested in flash

photography and would like a resonabley priced ambient/flash meter .

I have been considering the Sekonic L-308s does anyone have veiw on

this meter or any alternative to my old weston master 111 .

Once again I would like to thank everyone who has helped me in the

past.

Thanks Ron Black

I use the older L-308B with my Bronica. It's good, small and light. I've had it for eight years - my longest-running piece of photo equipment. The only thing that annoys me is that it takes 3 seconds for it to "boot up" after it's turned on. I know, it doesn't sound like much.

Sometimes I long for a spot meter, but the Sekonic is awfully handy in that it slips into a shirt or pants pocket.

I have a Sekonic 308s also which I use with my Yashica Mat and Kiev 4a. It has auto power off and (I think) switches on faster than the 308B. It is nice and small. I use both the reflective (good) and incident (v. good) functions on it, but have not used the flash metering on it yet. Recommended for simple but effective metering.

rgds

Stephen

I'd retire the Weston and get the Sekonic. It's among their longest-running designs and has recently been tweaked. You can spend more for more features but for basic flash metering it's deadly accurate and easy to use, apart from its capabilities as a reflective and incident meter. Arguably one of the best buys in photo gear currently available.

• 5 months later...
If you have not checked out the Sekonic L-558, do so. You'll like it and I think you'll be glad you did. In addition to ambient and reflected light readings, it has a 1-degree spot meter. I use it alot in my landscape work (with a SQAi 6x6 Bronica). This meter is also great for studio flash work (with wireless trigger available). It really does it all. Good luck.