compact 65 to 75mm lens help

tamara_fossier

I am looking for a compact and lightweight modern multi-coated lens in the 65mm to

75mm range for color work. I intend to carry this lens backpacking, and it only needs to

cover 6x9 - with movements. I know that at the 90mm focal length the Congo offering is

multi-coated, but I have not seen any similarly compact modern lenses in 65 or

75mm. I will consider new or used.

Among what I have seen so far the Grandagon N 65mm appears to be the smallest. Is

there another lens which is more compact yet? Any help that you can give will be greatly

appreciated! Thanks!

If you were willing to give up movements, a 65/6.8 Angulon or Raptar would do fine for you. Both are quite small.

If you must have movements, have money to burn and time to spend searching, the 63/6.5 Cooke Ser. VIIb should do for you. The Vade Mecum suggests it covers 90 degrees at f/16, 100 at f/32. A 64/6.5 Ser. VIIb was sold on the Envoy Wide Angle Camera, you might look for one of them instead of a lens without camera.

Tamara, Is there a reason that you must have a multicoated lens? Multicoating can be very over-rated in a large format lens because there are not as many air-glass surfaces. If you use a good lens hood and shade the lens from light, you should be able to get excellent color results with a single-coated lens. Eliminating the "multicoated" criterion will give you many more lens to choose from and will save you some money as well.