d100 versus eos 1dmk2

kieran_twomey

<i> 1dmk2.what benefit can i expect and what will i loose?</i><p>

Expect to get an extremely capable, fast, accurate, rugged, and heavy camera, which you will

probably want to match with some very impressive Canon lenses. Expect to lose <B>a lot

</b> of money, especially if you already have some Nikon-mount lenses that will have to be

replaced. Ask yourself if you really need the 1DII's ability to shoot 8 frames per second and

all of the other impressive and expensive features it offers. If not, think about the new Nikon

D200, or the Canon 20D if you are determined to switch brands.

You're really talking about two switches: film -> digital and Nikon -> Canon. Both have

implications, and former is especially radical. In that light, the comparative nature of your

question doesn't make much sense to me. The first question you have to seriously

contemplate is the switch to digital and all that entails. The second question is whether to

stick with the Nikon system or switch to the Canon system, and all that entails. (Both systems

are excellent, but they are not the same.) Once you've chosen a system, then you can

determine the camera body most appropriate to your needs.

I appreciate your candid helpful comments.My disappointment with Nikon is build quality and the time for repair.Secondly the film photo quality of the Nikon F90x is not as good in my mind to my 25 year old Olympus OM 2n.Either way i have lenses.What i am looking for is a robust digital that is better than the D100.I can sell the D100,and retain the lenses for the disappointing F90x.Am reluctant to try another Nikon.If that makes sense.