Need help with Leica D.R.P. Ersnt Leitz Wetzlar, # Nr631021 i have no manual!!

james_cope

Hello

I just got a Leica but with no manaul and there are one or two

things im not too sure about. I.E. below the shutter speed knob

there are red numbers from 0-20 what are they for?? and also on the

front of the body on the right, above the lens there is a knob with

numbers from T-25 but they are in different orders and the 25 is in

red. If anyone could enlighten me with their knowledge i would be

very grateful. Also is there anywhere that i can get the manual??

Thanks....James

In a nutshell, you have a model IIIf red dial. The red numbers are synch delay times for various flash bulbs. I assume you are not using flash bulbs, so this control is mostly irrelevant. If you are only shooting by available light, it is completely irrelevant. If shooting electronic flash at 1/50 second, set the control to 20. If shooting electronic flash at 1/25, set the control to 0. That's it.

The little dial in front is the slow speed dial. When shooting at 1/25 or faster, set the front dial to 1/25. Then select your shutter speed with the top dial.

When shooting at 1/25 or slower: set the top dial to 1/25. Then set the front dial for the desired speed. Don't worry that some of the low speeds are on one side of 1/25, and the rest are on the other side. It may not make sense, but that's how it is!

DOn't let your shutter finger drag on the shutter speed dial during the exposure. It will throw the exposure off.

The numbers on the winding knob are just a film reminder. It won't change the exposure, no matter where you set it.

Use the diopter lever under the rewind knob to adjust the finder to your eyesight.

To rewind, turn the rewind lever next to the shutter speed dial to the rewind position. Turn it back before loading.

Great camera! Enjoy!