canon 7-user manual

I am about to buy acanon 7 set: body+50 f1.4+135 f3.5

What is the estimated value of the package?

Could any one guide me to a downloadable user guide for the camera or

give me simple guide lines to opperate the camera?

Appreciate the attention

David

No idea on current value (obviously it depends on condition), but maybe you need to hunt down that f/0.95 lens! No downloadable manual (but any rangefinder isn't that difficult to master), however you can get a photocopy of the original manual rapidly from here:

http://www.oldtimercameras.com/stock/Model.asp?Model=2317&ModelPage=true

Also see the Canon Camera Museum entry here:

http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/camera/f_camera.html

<p>Prices here would be between 40 to 70 thousand yen, I suppose.</p><p>I have a 7s (actually a "7sZ") which is very similar; I can't think of anything about it that isn't obvious, at least to somebody who's used a rangefinder camera with a focal plane shutter.</p><p>I don't have it with me right now, but I'm pretty sure that the switch for rewinding is, like that of earlier Canons, around the shutter release button. Turn it one way and you can advance; turn it the other and you can reverse. So don't worry if you can't find this button at the bottom of the camera.</p>

Canon 7's are more about $200-250. I bought a Canon 7s from Adorama for $374, which was frankly below eBay market price. (That's why I went that way!)

The only tricky thing is figuring out the range switch on the meter for either one. That's presuming that the Canon 7 has a working meter, many are kaput.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 7 with the selenium meter. Mine works perfectly, but it's often cited as a problem area. The titanium curtains are usually wrinkled (like mine) but still work well. The only other downside is the lack of an accessory shoe. With the meter working and the excellent viewfinder I don't need it often and when I do I have the almost unobtainable bolt on accessory shoe but keep this deficiency in mind. If you use lenses matched to the viewfinder and if your meter works you'll rarely miss the shoe.

I don't think I have a manual, but I have several books and of course I've used the camera for quite a while so feel free to email me if you have questions and I'll try to answer them. It's probably the best LTM user I have (including my IIIf BD).

I wonder if Canon (like Nikon) might be thinking about reintroducing a rangefinder (can you say Canon 8?).