monolight kit suggestions

DavidRabinowitz

i'm looking to purchase a monolight kit from $1200-$2000+-, i want

to use them primarily for portraits with digital and film (35mm and

medium format-Mamiya 7II). I've been steered to the Calumet

Travelights and Hensel. Accesories with these lights are important

to me and the Hensel has many items but their hard to get. Any

suggestions on a good monolight kit with the ability to easily find

accesories. I shoot digitally with the Canon 10D, someday 30D.

thanks, David

David

I also suggest the Calumet 750 Travel Lights. 100% Reliable. I've shot with them for years with complete success. Go to my site page and review my dance images: Every dance image was shot with Calumet (Bowens) Travel Lights.

You couldn't do much better for your money than AlienBees. They have a very good quality product and all the extras that you would ever want at one place. They have the best customer service folks I have ever run into. www.AlienBees.com

thanks for all the advice...i followed up on all your suggestions, looked at Ed's webpage (very nice indeed) checked out the Alien Bees and the other manufacturer (i'm just fogetting their name). I plan on making this purchase in early January and it seems that there are several good manufacturers of lighting systems...any further comments would be great...thanks again..David

You need far more than 100W ea of modeling light except in a totally controlled environment (eg you need much more light in offices and homes).

ABs are student lights: you'll replace them with something better if you stick with photography.