Legion Paper and Epson 2200

Hi all :) I'm wondering if any of you are using Legion paper and, if so, are you getting decent

results? I got a pack of their Somerset Photo Enhanced and while it's nice paper (feels good to

me anyway), I cannot get a b&w image to print worth a darn on it. Their profile seems to be

the culprit; It makes the image look dull and blotchy? But at least I should be happy that all

my calibration stuff is working right because, by golly, my prints come out looking just like

they do with the preview on PSCS2 - dull and blotchy!

Any advice?

Hi Ellen,

Thought I might be able to help. Seems that there is some confusion:

Somerset Photo Enhanced is a range of paper that comes in three surfaces (as well as several weights and sizes). The surfaces are

Satin - the smoothest

Velvet - a subtle texture

Textured - a more pronounced texture

Velvet Fine Art is a completely different paper. Using this profile will not give you the best possible image.

Did you download the profile from our website?

Did you follow our instructionson using it?

Are you sure you're printing on the correct side of the paper?

Let's start there. You can contact me directly at jlevine@legionpaper.com or at the phone number listed on our website.

Thank you for using our papers.

Joshua Levine

Legion Paper

Hi Joshua :) I am so gald that you're going to weigh in on this topic!

Yes, I did download the profile for the velvet version from legionpaper.com and I think I

am using it correctly but maybe I'm not. The thing is, when I soft proof the print in PSCS2,

the image looks muddy and blocked up in the shadows. It prints that way too! The

package is labeled "print on this side for best results" and I am making sure to use the

right profile for the ink I'm using (photo black).

I'm not sure what else to do but I would love to hear your suggestions. Thanks again for

responding to my thread!