and Polaroid) and two horseman lenses (65 & 120). The camera is in

good condition. Around 1200 dollars.

I have two questions. Is it a good price ? What is the Horseman

lenses quality ?

Please note that I don't use camera field... That's why it could be

naive !!

Many thanks

Sebastian

Whether that's a good deal depends on how recent the model is - the older style lenses, backs and bodies sell for much less. The lenses have generally always been good quality, but unless marked 'ER' will be only single-coated. If the 65mm lens is the old 65mm f5.6 instead of the newer 65mm f7, it may not cover 6x9 with much room for movement.

Earlier this year I bought a Horseman vhr with the 65 f7, 105, two older schneider lenses that I don't really use, a 6x9 back, and a 6x7 back for $1500. The 65mm lens is great and not that common to come by but it is not very bright thus not the easiest lens to compose with. I use a jacket as a black cloth so i could do better.

Hello Sebastian,

if it is a Horseman VH or VHR, with the 65/7 and the 120/5.6 ER, the price seems very fair to me. I have been using a VH with the 65/7 for some time and was very satisfied with the results. One thing you should know about the 6x9 Horsemans is the fact that 65mm is the shortest focal length that you can use with movements. This may not be a backdraw for you, but it was my main reason to sell my VH, a very fine camera that I loved to work with.

Good luck

Aender