...AND BABY MAKES THREE!

al_kaplan1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last two photos show Monkey and me waiting to pick up a parcel at the post office, and me at the office of the North Miami Foundation for Senior Citizen Services. After hurricane Katrina came through their Meals on Wheels program had some trouble locating a few of their clients because the phone service was out. Sue called me to track down one elderly woman that she knew was a friend of mine. After I located the woman I couldn't get back through to the office on my cell because the office lines were all tied up. I drove over to the office with the information.

I guess for the benefit of any newcomers the pix were taken with a 15mm Heliar on a Bessa L body with Tri-X rated normally. I hold the camera in my outstretched hand, and I haven't the foggiest notion as to how I manage to frame the shots. They're printed full frame, uncropped. My thanks to Belle Deux for the scanning, post processing, posting, and putting up with me.

Steve, I used to know a go-go dancer. If you do a search on photonet for my Abbie Hoffman photograph there's a picture on that thread of me with two girls. The shorter one was the dancer! Unfortunately she'd be about 58 or 59 years old now, maybe more, and I doubt if she's still dancing. But it's an idea worth pursuing! I'll ask around.

Todd, it used to be common to see news photographers holding a 21 or 35 equipped camera over their heads shooting a celebrity surrounded by a gaggle of admirers. After awhile you get pretty good at judging the coverage without looking through the finder. It was really a fairly easy step to turning the camera around 180 degrees. I photographed city sponsored breakfast meeting today which had a much larger turnout than anybody expected so the 15 was handy to show the turnout, probably around 300 people. They requested some pix showing the crowd. I shot some "self portraits" along with the standard pix of the mayor, city attorney, and other speakers. It's gotten to the point where people expect them...LOL, and yes, they do order prints of them. I'm well known around town both as a photographer and an involved citizen.

What is a real shame, though, is I post some photos of Mikal, Ivan and Natalie suitable for them to email a link to their friends and relatives, and the usual scum surfaces with nasty comments and boderline obscenities. If you guys think that you're scoring points that way don't brag about knowing the people you're scoring them with.