of camera(photographers left from back or right side

from a frontal view) I believe it works only with

AF lenses. It doesn't come with any instructions. Could

it be the shape of the lens(24-120 AFD) I am going

to try another lens, but could someone with ML-L3

experience shed a little light?

Thanks,

David

It works like a TV remote. The receiver on the camera must see the transmitter in your hand.

It must point at the camera from the front, and the distance between the camera and transtimmet must be short.

Regular TV type remote controllers that work with D70 have more power and the distance can be longer.

I have found this little bugger to be nothing but a pain to use, as well. I'm sure feedback like what we're seeing here contributed to Nikon's implementation of an actual corded remote release on the D70s.

<p>It's not perfect and I miss the good old fashioned cord.

<p>Still once you remember that the sensor on the camera must see the IR signal, then it

becomes usable. I have found that (in a studio environment), I can often bounce the signal on

a light background or on reflectors. Try it!

<p>--ben

I love mine. Using it mostly for nature, landscapes and still life it works fine. You are right you do have to reach around with your left hand to directly trigger it. I use mine to remove as much vibration as possible. In doors, as mentioned above, it is much easier because of the bounce within a room. Experiment and you will find a comfortable aiming direction to trigger the camera.