the prosumer all-in-one Konica-Minolta A2 and take the choice based

on the situation. So, here's an updated <A

HREF="http://www.jimraisphotography.com/" TARGET="_blank">A personal

journey through the viewfinder</A> for those who still haven't make

up their minds which <I>tool</I> way to go yet. Just click "updated

Sept 16, 2005" on the lower copyright bar. Enjoy your photography.<P>

<LI><A HREF="http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=332699">Jim

Rais</A></LI><P>

<B>For TJ</B> - Thanks for your nice comment on the website and photos. I spent a couple of hours myself enjoying and being fascinated by each and single photowork of your portfolio. Wow! There are so much beauty in them. Each photo has its own story and its own soul, should I say without exaggeration. Pure joy to look at them, especially they are sustained by the right digital techniques here and there when needed (which you've clearly mastered). Also the technical datas and your personal story on each photo are very strong stimulating factors to live in every picture you took. Just like the frames of the pictures in the living room which give the feeling of finishing touch until the last detail. Very neat, indeed.<P>

So, it's really not your fault that my wife complained that the living room (where the computer stands) was too dark for her to do anything for a couple of hours as I shut the sunrays out of that room in order to enjoy fully of your photographs on the computer's screen :)<P>

Keep up the good work, TJ, and I sure will follow your portfolio now and then. It's already been kept at the favourites file of the browser.<P>

Rais</A></LI><P>

I've never been a Canon-user until recently. Coming straight from Pentax equipment, I recalled a teacher at our photography school had once said that he used a Contax camera purely because of the quality of Zeiss lenses. The results were astonishing and so I decided to step over from Pentax to Contax/Zeiss combination some 13 years ago.

It was a time when the magic word was "Nikon", but since I've never been a follower only to just belong to a flock while it's not purposeful for me, I've never regretted the decision to go

Contax/Zeiss way. Even the compact "p&s" Contax TVS, which I frequently used for assignments of the University Newspaper gave so much astonishments to the editorial people back then. Not only the results of the (B&W) prints of my own darkroom as well as the hilarious <I>how dare you to use that tiny amateur toy while professionals have to maintain their status with the compulsory big, black and heavy brick</I> look.<P>

So, it's not a matter if I'm happy or not with Canon glasses, but I simply don't see any reason to step off of my heavily invested Zeiss lenses (man, how were they expensive for a poor photographer like me) as they are still pleasing me. I would have used any camera brand if they accept Zeiss optics, but the reality is that Canon is the only one brand up to now to accept the Zeiss via an adapter and I have to feel happy with this solution. Better than donating all the Zeiss glasses to some museum. I know it's some kind of a fashion to have Zeiss lenses nowadays, but I've been there long before it becomes mere a fashion.<P>

Sounds a bit uptight? In what way? Could it be because English is not my native tongue?<P>

Rais</A></LI><P>