OT we lost the ashes by 2 runs

working camera

It is going to take at least 16 years to win them back.

Who thought the POMs actually learned how to play cricket. Is Freddie an

Australian with a funny Accent?

Rod Marsh has a lot to answer for!!

What a great test series the best since the 1970s, and as much as it hurts to

admit the Pommie Bs deserved to win. But I never said that.

Anyway WNW National Icons

yanks can play too<div>00DZD5-25672484.jpg.cae5b565623781a1668050ba018a05fc.jpg</div>

Very graceful and fair of you craig. Just like the rugby world cup (I had to mention that you understand) this went very close to the wire and was hard fought by both sides.

I hope it will go some way to make up for the impending (self inflicted) disaster our English football team are mincing towards in their pathetic attempt to qualify for the world cup. (Losing against a team placed 116th who last beat us 77 years ago!)

Tervor,

Nah I was actually sort of glad. The Aussies have been a pack of arragant

pricks.

Nobody likes that pillock Shane Warne, but can he bowel!!!!

England and Wales + a couple of South Africans out Aussied the Aussies.

I've been watching the recent Pommie form on cable and expected as much.

But what a great series!!!! Cricket won. It's only a few years back the Balmy

Army were singing " we've got the worst tean in the world" No longer.

1. Oh how we laughed as KP and the King of Spain slapped the Aussie attack all over south

London! :)

2. Can't remember a finer session than Sunday morning's, in which Freddie and Shrek

knocked down 8 wickets for 90 runs. :)

Seriously though, what a fabulous series. Both sides excelled (or mostly). The Aussies

maay be down, but certainly they won't be out.

"Nobody likes that pillock Shane Warne,but can he bowel" - does the poor chap have a stomach disorder as well ? Actually he is quite popular here especially with KP.

Trevor - be kind to the footballers they were probably worried about where they had left their wallets and if anybody had scraped their Ferrari/Aston Martin/Bentley. And I will not hear anything about their behaviour either !

Craig - very good of you and I hope we can agree that cricket was also a winner. Oh nearly forgot - didn't the women get their version of the Ashes back as well ?

Craig

I think it's going to take you 18 months to win them back under your new

captain Warne.

Three highlights, amongst many, Flintoff consoling Lee at Edgbaston, Hayden

saying 'well bowled' to Flintoff and the fact that both teams drank together in

the dressing room until 9.45 pm.

I love my football but this Ashes series hit heights that Beckham et al couldn't

even dream about.

Well played both sides.

"Nobody likes that pillock Shane Warne,but can he bowel"

"..- does the poor chap have a stomach disorder as well ?"

For sometime, Shane Warne had an induced problem with all the pills he was taking to look slick. He was banned for an year for "doping".

Freddie on the other hand is pumped up all the time because of pain and injuries and that is officially allowed. The more pain he has, he gets more shots (injections) and he bowls faster.

Comical, really.

I'm a Yorkshireman (cue the attacks from southerners and/or lancs) stuck in Florida, and didn't get to see one over. Gutted. Saying that, work may have suffered from me listening to Blowers et al on TMS via the internet every morning of a game. Anyway. We beat the Aussies. Hurrah. Bring on the League Tri-Nations...

I like this. I'm glad I can watch BBC and Deustche Welle; over here nobody knows what happens outside their borders; not their fault, though. Fox is the master (be careful, UK, Murdock will bite you in the arse soon).<BR><BR>

Perhaps next time Australia beats England, they should burn a new set, just in case ... ;)

As regards the press it is more of a gnawing than a bite as, fortunately, there are plenty of other papers available.

As for satellite TV, even though it has not been as successful as I suspect RM has hoped, there is a problem with competition. One could speculate on the involvement of our President in this.