Rodenstock Imagon 360mm

philippe_metayer

An Imagon 250mm 5.8-11.5 with an image circle of 180mm will cover a 4"-5" @ f11.5, The minimum image circle for a 4" X 5" is 161mm.

The 300/6.8-11.5 with an image circle of 220mm @ f11.5 will cover a 5"X 7". The minimum image circle for a 5"X 7" is 219mm.

For an 8" X 10" the minimum image circle is 323mm meaning that a 300 Imagon (220mm) will show vignetting.

The above 161 (4x5) and 219 (5x7) is the minimum image circle to cover the diagonal with even illumination from corner to corner.

Armin, never heard or saw an Imagon 360mm? Please enlighten me!

Cheers, Tito.

The Imagon 360mm was specifically designed for use with 8x10 as was the 300 for 5x7 and

the 250 for 4x5. While the 360 will give you coverage on other formats you will not get the

desired effects to the same degree since the lens and format size are specifically matched. I

want to stress again that you shoulkd be sure you get all the discs for the lens. As of a year

or two ago HP Marketing only had one or two discs still available for this lens and I would

guess there are none there now.

Hi Tito

I do not have the 360mm Imagon Philippe has it! But I know that there has been in the

past not only the 360mm it has also had a 420mm Imagon. But these beast are only on

the used market and are gone for a while.

My 250mm Imagon does cover my 8x10 also at infinity so at portrait distances it must

cover with even more spare for movements.

So and if my 250mm Imagon wich is created for 4x5 covers the hole 8x10 then the 360

mm should cover 8x10 wich was build for it with a lot of movements!

I have the 360 mm Universal Heliar wich is also covering 8x10 with ease even at f 4.5 at

portrait distances!