Leica Flare

kenghor

i like the photo and the flare "effect".If you used a slr, then obviously you saw the flare before you shot..

I find it real funny the idea that Leica lenses "shall not flare"!

Mine all do. If i do NOT want flare and wish to shoot into the sun, my choice is Pentax with Super-Takumar lenses.

Its a shock that lenses that supposedly are inferior may be something else all together! my 50MM Summicron flare is the worst.

The Takumar(Pentax) 50mmf1.4 has no flare and its sharpness equal.

One of the reasons I chose a Pentax Digital camera is the flare resistance.

I've used SMC Takumar screwmount lenses since the 60s, and while I wouldn't say they are flare-proof, they certainly flared less than the Leica R lenses I had for a while, which included the 21/4 SA, 35/2 v.2, 50/2 v.2, and 90/2 plus the Sigma-cum-Leica 28-70 and Minolta-cum-Leica 70-210. I had nothing in Pentax to compare the 15/3.5 but I couldn't not expect that lens to be flare prone.

Andy, Minolta did not make this lens. Wee Keng , I think I pointed this out before rangefinder lenses are superior since they are not retro.

Also zoom lenses can not match primes. I own the same lens, as jet I am not sure it was a good purchase. Perhaps when mine comes back from Leica

I will know more. Pointing a super wide zoom direct at the light is inviting problems, if this is your desire get the Noctilux M wich is the leader in supressing flare.

Lovely photo, because of the flare. Suspect it might have been cute but tedious without the flare. Using a flare-prone lens on a digital body makes a lot of sense to me, because otherwise it's impossible to predict the effect on the final image. So congrats all round.

My only Leica lens (current Summicron 50) also flares in these conditions.

I'm sorry if I erred in my previous post. I read here that the lens in question is either Minolta or Sigma. Then we're told it is mounted on a Canon. Then we're asked to compare the flair of this lens with Leica lenses. Nothing is wrong with Minolta, but my point was that we are being asked to compare apples and oranges, IMHO.