Mac OSX, Epson 2200, and heavy papers

I recently purchased some Epson Velvet Fine Art paper thinking I woud try it in my Epson

2200. Was having difficulty getting the paper to feed properly and finally decided to read

the printer manual. There I found language to the effect that this and other heavy papers

require use of the printer's rear manual feed slot and that this slot is not supported for the

Mac

0SX operating system. Has any one found a way around this impass? Can anyone

recommend quality, archival paper with profiles for the 2200 that will feed properly in the

top loading sheetfeeder?

Thanks for your help.

Bill Poole

I've been printing 11x17 Innova Softexture 315gm paper through the main top slot. I don't like using the rear cause it throws off my margins. Also, I'm too lazy to learn how to set them. Anyway, the top slot is not meant to take heavy paper but it will work if you help feed it into the printer. I just lightly push the paper down into the printer when the rollers starts spinning. Once the rollers catch on and starts taking in the paper, you are good to go.

Thanks, all. Yes, I've found I can "make it work" with the top feed. Which, I guess I'm

going to have to do, since I can't seem to get my computer to "see" the advanced printer

options in the setup utility. Have downloaded the latest driver, of course, and followed the

directions for intsalling the advanced features, but no go as yet.

Thanks to all for their help,

Bill

William,

What version of OSX are you using and what progam are you printing from.I don't have a 2200 but for the R2400 you go to Page Setup and select your printer under "Format For:" then you select the "Paper Size:" menu. The paper size should have a submenu and you select the "(Manual - Roll)" option.

None of these things can be set in the Print dialog. They must be set in Page Set-up.

It's been a while, but when you go to Add Printer in OS X Print Center you must select "all printers" not just the Standard One. There is a full complement for the 2200, including 2200-Minimize Margins. Take another look at your Print Center app, which is where you add or delete printers, configure them (brings up Epson Utility for Nozzle check, etc.) and select the default printer. In the old days, before the Epson 2200, we would use a thick cardboard backing sheet for these thicker papers. The cardboard can't go through, but the sheet you want to print on will. That said, for these superb printers, I wish Epson would devote more engineering to the paper pickup systems. GOOD LUCK.