small fire in her house. smoke inhalation. she went to bed and never

woke up. i am trying to deal with her 3 cats. 2 are missing. one was

able to find me and schmooze up to me. this is totally off topic but i

have been banned from the Leica Forum (which i love and i think was

totally unfair) until next year (i guess i was really bad) and when

these things happen folks like me just need to talk. sorry if this is

disruptive. if leica forum folks are reading this you can reach me at

my email. this is very hard. i miss Kathy and feel so sorry for her

family. still trying to deal with the cats.

Claudia, it is strange how life can turn on a dime so quickly. One great thing about the human race is that many times we are at our best when things go bad. You are having a tough time as is the family of your neighbor, but you will get through it. We always do. It may not be easy, but we always get through it. Hope this helps.

Claudia, I think that you should find a friend or family member to talk to. If that's not possible, I thnk that you should seek help. I have the best intentions here, seriously, it is not a matter one would normally throw out on photo.net.

Sorry about your loss. Mike

In retrospect, I think Mike is rigtht and the mods should delete this thread. It has no place on PN. Sometimes the idea of "community" on these kinds of sites is misleading. I have indeed shared this with family and friends so I do not need to "seek help."

I know exactly what you mean. On saturday morning, a guy from the same department at work (i've met him everyday) had a car accident and he didn't survive it. It was quite shocking to hear it on monday. He was the same age as myself (28).

Claudia - The close sense of "community" is one of the things that make this forum unique - we are all your friends and sympathise with you in every way. Off topic your post may be, but that's what friends are for.

Feel free to e-mail me at PN - click on my name and request my e-mail address.

Sorry to hear of your loss Claudia.

Cats can be a bit funny. I'm not sure if you're a cat person or not, if you are you know of what I speak. If you're not but can become then there's a world of wonder being with cats. Dog people just don't get it. I think they're much more 3D than dogs.

The other two may be independent enough to want to go their own way, but try Conni's trick; if they've been a threesome for a time they're probably used to it and will be glad to be together again.

Sorry for your loss, Claudia, and for being "banned" byt he Leica forum for the duration of the year. What did you do to deserve that?

I have just recived a two-week suspension fromthe Canon EOS forum for posting a "for sale" topic about a Canon lens (which I sold). Gosh, those people are worse than traffic cops.