looking for a bag from my xpan

db1

David, firstly, Hasselblad offers a dedicated XPan leather bag, which I suspect is made for Hasselblad by Oroton (rumours only). I saw it when I bought my XPan II. It is superb - beautiful soft leather and good compartments for a full XPan kit and film etc.. So you might find that perfect.

I did not buy it because I have Leica M equipment and 2 Billingham bags. So I use my smallish Billingham Hadley Pro for my XPan kit. Very compact canvas and leather bag, not too like a camera bag.

The Hadley pro version is just perfect - smallish (not so small as to be a bit feminine), narrow so like a "satchel" but perfect with their excellent padded insert with moveable dividers (one of the best padded insert types around) and allows the Xpan body and any lens to easily slot in from the top sideways; 90mm lens in a Billingham double len compartment beside the camera. Plenty of room left for another lens (I hope to get the 30mm one day) and stuff.

On the outside front it has 2 compartments - one I fill with film (10 rolls); one I use for filters. On the back it has a zipper compartment I use for cable release and spare batteries. Despite its compact size it is not "full" with gear so when out and about I can have my Sekonic light meter and other personal effects inside with plenty of room to easily get at anything.

One best feature of Billingham (in addition to their superlative quality of make and finish), is NO VELCRO - it hate velcro - too noisy. The Pro version of the Hadley also has 2 features the other Hadleys do not have - zipper compartment on outside back; carry handle on top flap (so you can carry by the handle or with the shoulder strap).

So IMHO one of the Billingham Hadley bags is perfect and a joy to carry around. Hadley is their "satchel" style bag preferred by many Leica rangefinder users. A great choice for XPan. I use a standard Hadley for my Leica gear.

Go to Billingham.com. This is the URL for the Hadley Pro: http://www.billingham.co.uk/prodbuy.asp?id=71

the hasselblad bag looks very nice. doesn't scream camera bag ("steal me").

and the shoulder strap is long enough for you to sling across your body -- bandolier style.

otherwise, a LowePro Nova (2 or 3) might also fill the bill [not as elegant as the hasselblad, but much less expensive too].

I keep mine in a Lowe-Pro Nova 1. It holds the XPAN, plus the 30mm lens and finder, plus film, filters, and cleaning supplies. It's a small bag, but bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. (!)

Also, the Domke F-5XB would be just as good.