historical MP, what's so special

very few were made. black & chrome. mostly issued for professionals. hence the P after

the M. many fakes out there. watch out.

MP2, a motorised version is even rarer. and the MP SP --a version with 35mm frames is

more so. dont get the collectors going on this one.

the leicavit MP is now very rare, esp. in good condition. these are totally different from the

new ones. Black paint ORIGINAL Leicavit MPs are rarer than chrome ones, some have been

stripped and black painted, so look out for repaints. the originals have a side swipe

locking

device, engravings front and back and base, chain driven mech, clutch system doesnot

allow for half stroke advance (as in new ones). will only work on the the original MP, M1 &

M2 cameras. Modification is possible using parts from an M4-Mot or M4-M to use the

Leicavit MP on other M-series cameras except for the M5.

"ezio gallino , oct 01, 2005; 02:22 p.m.

If Leica wish to mantain a Ferrari or Patek Philippe marketing style, must non involve in similar stuff..."

"ezio gallino , oct 01, 2005; 02:36 p.m.

If manufacturer makes two cheap 24 1:1,4 and 35 1:1.4 digital only who take place of 35 and 50..."

" I am still unable to understand what was really different in the historical Leica MP comparing it with a later Leicavit M2 skyrocketing its price... The Leicavit base? or is there some hidden feature I don't know?"

Ezio, it only took you 3 days to completely lose your Italian accent and write perfect, concise English. I spend a great deal of time in Italy and would like to be able to turn my halting Italian around like that, I've tried tapes and a tutor, with little results. Please let me in on your method.

Living at border of the empire, english is mandatory, now are form the seventies that I try to learn it: best method is to practice it with something you really interested of (songs, books,films, girls).

I use to work on computer and not a single line of manual was written in italian

I've noticed that british english is more difficult. not a matter of days anyway but years.

Ben do you REALLY learn italian? It's a more complex task.

it's an OT but we can talk about it.

About my question on MP I was curious to know if had some special particular solution inside that makes so desirable, but maybe I understand nothing.

Sorry if wasted your time with a not correct use of forum, promise to have a better look at the rules, I wish you have a good time here.

Nothing personal and thanks for answers... Ezio

S쬠parlo un piccolo italiano ma vorrei migliorare. Sembra che il vostro accento abbia rinviato. Forse viene e va, come i vari sintomi di una malattia. Spero che ci sia una cura per la vostra malattia, forse un certo tipo di farmaco.

Cosa ti interessa dell'italia? parole facili, per viaggiare, dormire, mangiare, bere vini buoni?

oppure vuoi conoscere l'arte giotto,raffaello, il rinascimento?

Vuoi vedere le Alpi o le colline dell'Appennino, oppure Venezia oppure il sud..

L'italia è bellissima (forse gli italiani un poco meno....)

Ezio