20D, I can't access my RAW images

I have PSCS, I've downloaded the V2.4 patch and evern downloaded the

Breeze System downloader pro. My problem is is that I simply can't

pull up my CR2 files. I get an error message in PSCS that says "could

not complete the request because it's not the right kind of document".

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Is anyone familiar with this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Beau,

I do use a card reader, I do have access to my Jpeg's but it has a duplicate file with each jpeg that I now see are marked CR2 which I understand is the Raw file (I shoot in large raw). When I downloaded the Breeze software from advise in a prior photo.net question in which it was advised and this seems to be another form of access to images but the bottom line is, I'm looking at the image icon in photoshop (it's an icon and not a thumbnail for the RAW CR2 file, the Jpeg file does show a thumbnail) but when I double click the CR2 file, nothing happens- I just get that error message of "not the right document" does this ring a bell? I'm having a terrible time and literally wasting weeks trying to figure this out.

If you recently upgraded your camera's firmware, or your camera was purchased a short time ago, chances are you are affected by a change in the camera's EXIF tags that makes it impossible for Photoshop Camera Raw to recognize the file.

The issue is documented here ( http://photoshopnews.com/2005/08/20/canon-350d-and-camera-raw-31-issue ) and it affects the 350D, but probably applies to the 20D as well.

Marcos Rodriguez

From all of the information I have read, you cannot access Canon's CR2 RAW files unless you are using Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 or Adobe Photoshop CS2 with the Camera RAW 3.1 Plug-in (Update). You can get the Plug-in from Adobe's website for free. We were having the same problem, actually went out and bought PS CS2 to upgrade or PS 7.0, and it still wouldn't read the RAW files until we downloaded the plug-in. The update for the Canon 20D was orginally in the Camera Raw 3.0 update, but it has been replaced by the 3.1. The update is not compatible with PS CS, just PS CS2.