ricoh caplio gx8

Has anybody been able to test this camera? There are only limited

reviews available on the internet, and only limited personal reviews

on the other websites.

I'm in the market for a compact p&s digital. I'm looking at the

Fuji F10 and the Ricoh Caplio Gx8.

Can anybody help?

I found some links to reviews in the dpreview forums, but only one in english I think. Try searching the "other digicams" forum at www.dpreview.com. I got one myself about a month ago since I wanted a point and shoot as a bring-everywere camera that my kids would also be able to use. Normally I use a Canon 20D. The Ricoh is a really nice P&S. Fast, good handling, wide-angle, pretty sharp lens. What I don?t like, but that would propably be the same with any small sensor camera, is that it gets noisy at ISO 100 and very noisy at ISO 200 and up. I use mine almost exclusively at ISO 64 and 100 and get good detailed images. The camera has a nice feel to it, it is not ultra-compact but has a grip and a textured finish so it is easy to hold steady.

I just picked up one and have only been only shooting with it for a couple of days. So far, I

like it. It is small and very light. I think for the price, overall, it is a good little point and

shoot--not perfect but can do the job of a digital point and shoot with very pleasant

results at iso 64 and 100. There is a website with a variety of cameras and samples of

photos taken with the camera. If you go to www.pbase.com/cameras and look up Ricoh

then GX8 you will find some examples taken with the camera.