manual bodies, but I am not sure by how much. Does anyone know how

much this would be worth?

<p>

He also has three Nikkor lenses: 105/2.5, 35/2, and 80-200/4. Any

idea on their worth? I think they are all of the same period as the

F2, but I am not positive.

<p>

Thanks!

What type of finder does the F2 have? And is it fully functional?

A typical F2 with the standard DP-1 meter head, in fully working order, is worth $125-150 for a cosmetic beater, up to maybe $250 in legitimate Excellent to Excellent+ condition. Those are ebay selling prices.

If the camera has any other finder, including the plain prism, the DP-2, meter head (F2S), the DP-11 meter head (F2A), the DP-12 meter head (F2SB), then it will be worth more, but the standard DP-1 meter is by far the most common.

As for the lenses, it certainly is dependent on which versions of those lenses you are referring to: non-AI, AI, AIS, or Aftermarket AI converted (by Nikon, or by others) would all be worth different amounts, and in the case of the 105 f2.5, there are also different non-AI versions with different values.

Ditto KEH for estimating the actual condition. Most sellers overestimate the condition of their equipment, and most buyers tend to expect too much. It's often better to give a complete description of the camera accompanied by clear photos than to overestimate the condition and later have to deal with an irate buyer.

I'm not saying your friend's camera isn't Ex+. But that camera is several decades old and unless it's spent most of its life in a collector's case, been handled very carefully when used and been CLA'd at least once in its life, Ex+ may be a bit optimistic.

The KEH online calculator used to determine what they'll offer when buying used equipment will give you an idea of the low end market value. Reality is somewhere between that and the highest prices you see on ebay.

(Also - not to knock KEH, they're a reputable business - but their e-mail offers usually are lower than the figures given by their online estimator. This may be due to fluctuating market demands. Of course, the only way they can sell equipment for reasonable prices is to buy low.)

Lightly used examples with desireable finders pull the highest prices. F2s I see apart from the rare camera that got used 2-4 times annually are borderline rough and, nostalgia aside, aren't worth a great deal. There's also been considerable downward pressure on manual Nikkor prices apart from exotic/specialty optics. If this kit's condition is truly exceptional, then it will be worth something; "average" condition will likely be lower priced than you think.

Nick - the $$ prices are so low now that you can not go wrong if you want to use the camera and the lenses. You get an exceptional value for a great camera. You might find an F3 perhaps even mor useful because in a few years (perhaps even now) it will be far easier to get parts for an F3 than for an F2.