daveish182

Hi all, I just finished a film in my T90 and when i put a new one in

and took 1st frame up came EEE and it wouldnt fire, i took the

batteries out and put them in again and it was ok and would fire

again but only once and then EEE and it wouldnt. Batteries are okay

and it seems the internal battery is fine as well as its remembering

what it was set on when i take the batteries out. I spose a trip to

the repairers is in order but i thought i'd see if anyone had any

ideas before i had to pay any money. Thanks.

Ive had this problem for some time now on my T90. For me the shutter sticks for speeds shorter than 1/180 to 1/125th. When it does occur I open the side door and press the battery check button. This resets the shutter (and gets rid of the "EEE") - I think having the same result as taking the batteries out. When the shutter sticks in this way it doesnt appear to affect the exposure of that shot thats just been taken (down to 1/15th anyway)- I believe it is the focal plane shutter sticking when it has traversed the film (someone may correct me on this)

This is quite a common problem with the T90 (its been a subject on this forum quite often) but it can be repaired.

Best regards

Steve

In the early stages of this, you can usually just press the battery check button under the side cover. Between films, exercise the shutter on high speed continuous mode with a high shutter speed (500th or higher) for a few dozen frames. Eventually, you will need to have the shutter serviced.

Hi again, good to know the battery check button clears it as well but I'll have to get it sorted. No home cures then? There's someone on ebay offering a shutter service for ᆪ50 (not sure how that translates to US dollars), does this seem reasonable? He's offering a six month guarentee and has 100% feedback. Anyone had any experience of him? Also will this cure it long term or is it likely to recur? Thanks.

This guy has a good reputation and I will probably use him when mine comes due:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 1:57 PM

To: rogerbclark@bellsouth.net

Subject: Re: Canon T-90

Hi Roger,

Yes, I do still service the Canon T90 camera. You are right, the "EEE" malfunction is caused by dirty shutter magnets. To rebuild the shutter unit, clean and service the camera, I charge $125.00 labor, $15.00 for the internal battery and $10.00 return shipping. I give a six month warranty with my work and can turn the repair around in less than a week. Let me know if interested. I am located at:

Camera Clinic

295 Gentry Way #6

Reno, NV 89502

775-829-2244

At your service,

Steve

Don't know if that's the guy on eBay, but he's where I would go...

Hi, just to clarify what may be obvious to you T90 guys, because there's a couple of repair guys both named Steve. The reliable repair guy who you located is named Steve Sweringen in Reno, and a couple of folks here have recommended him before.

<p>

The unreliable guy in Georgia is named Steve Wright. He ran a fly-by-night outfit called T90.com which was also on ebay. There was some lively discussion about his business practices in <A HREF="http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00DpfT">this thread</A>.