focus problem - rollei & imacon

planar1

dear photographers,

today i recieved the imacon digital back 22 mil pix, and used it on my rollei 6008 AF & 6008

integral2. i adjusted the focus point using different shims as descibed, with the 80 mm lens,

and an f-stop of 2.8, but when i changed the lens (120mm) the picture was out of focus

again. i tried for several hours, changing shims and lenses, but i couldn't discover the

problem. does anybody hav an idea? thanks in advance!

Tobias,<br>

You say Imacon Digital back 22 MPix. Which model : Ixpress 132C or 528C ?<p>

This topic was found on the FAQ page of Imacon : http://www.imacon.dk/sw343.asp#fifth<p>

<i>Focus problems<br>

The FlexFrame and Ixpress are unlikely to become out of focus unless the three focus screws (for service use only) have been altered.<p>

It is more likely that some misalignment has occurred in the mirror of the camera body itself. We have experienced both Hasselblad and Mamiya 645 Pro cameras to occasionally have an alignment problem after extensive use, causing digital backs to appear out of focus. The problem is very difficult to see when using film, but on a digital back even the smallest misalignment will cause the image to be unfocused.</i><p>

It might be maybe better to ask your question to the

<a href="http://www.imacon.dk/sw216.asp">Imacon support center.</a><br>

• 2 weeks later...

quote: "It is more likely that some misalignment has occurred in the mirror of the camera body itself. We have experienced both Hasselblad and Mamiya 645 Pro cameras to occasionally have an alignment problem after extensive use, causing digital backs to appear out of focus. The problem is very difficult to see when using film, but on a digital back even the smallest misalignment will cause the image to be unfocused."

What is the technical explanation for this difference between digital back and film? Could someone explain?