Nikon D70 and 28mm.3.5 PC-nikkor

sfbk

Has anybody had an experience using the 28 PC lens on a digital body

like D70, particularly for indoor architectural photography (vs.

outdoors)!! any comments would be truly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Focal lengths for interiors depend on the scale of the interior - a longer lens might work well

in an airport, a shorter lens probably best for a small residence.

Here's an image taken with a Nikon 12-24 zoom (at 13mm), pointed up, the second image

with Photoshop applied to "correct" perspective. More flexibility than a PC lens, although not

ultimate image quality as a PC design depending on your uses.<div>00G5ld-29489484.jpg.315b072048cb7d6131bc62dbc914d276.jpg</div>

I have a 28mm PC Nikkor, and a D2X and D200, and used to have a D70. I've found several things.

1) As the others mentioned, at 42mm equivelant, the 28mm is not wide enough for most indoor architectural work, unless you're getting architectural details: an interesting furniture grouping, a staircase, etc.

2) It's surprisingly fun for portraiture.

3) On a D70 there's no metering, the single focus dot works poorly, manual focus is difficult, and it's just an overall pain. D200 or D2X considerably lessen this pain.

I do my architectural work typically using a 12-24, a 14mm f2.8, or a 20mm f2.8, and use Panorama Tools to correct the perspective (it does better than PhotatoeShop) and sometimes "stitch" multiple shots to get even wider vistas.

When used on my D2H, it's wide enough for some interiors. I was already using 50mm lenses for some interiors (with 35mm; 80mm with some medium format). Not all interior shots demand wide angles.

CA is more apparent on my D2H but this is often negligible and easily corrected with software.

Ultrawide primes or zooms might be a better choice right now.