Hello,

My dad is letting me try out his F100 (I have an N80 and a F4S). My

question is about film loading for the F100. It seems very

sensitive compared to the N80 I have. My dad said it has always

been tricky for him to load it. I am wondering whether there is a

problem with it. Other F100 owners, do you have film loading

problems?

Thanks for your responses.

I've owned several AF Nikon bodies and I don't find the F100 to be any harder to load than any of the others. Just make sure you don't extend the film too far, and make sure it's flat.

As an aside, I shoot a lot of bulk black and white film and none of the AF bodies I've used (F50, F601, F90, F90x, F100) have required that I cut a leader. It saves some time and makes loading the film in the darkroom easier.

I think every camera has little quirks about film loading. For example, on my Nikon N70 the film canister almost snaps into place on the fork and loading is extremely easy. On my F100 the film canister fits a little loser on the fork and this sometimes causes the film to be slightly misalligned crossing over the shutter and onto the take up spool which caused the camera to not advance the film. I just place my left thump on the canister when loading and this makes it work perfect. Not a big deal at all. And like others said, don't extend the film too far or the camera will not take it up. This is true for just about any auto advance camera.

Jim

I always thought the F100 was pretty easy to load compared to the F5. The F5's red mark is a little farther into the film compartment than the F100's, but both of them (or really any auto-loading camera) need to have the film leader pulled out to a very specific length. After you do it a few times you shouldn't have a problem with it.