First Redfish

opc

Todd, I caught this fish in the marsh around Hopedale, La. in St Bernard Parish. The stringer has the Specks. That fish would not be legal today. It could not have been more 11 inches. I took my 9 year old son to Venice at the mouth of the Miss. River two weeks ago. He caught a 28 inch red. Now he is hooked. I have another picture from the same time period were I am struggling to hold up two nice reds that I caught.

My ancestors came to Louisiana directly from France (also Ireland, Scotland, and Spain). Cajuns came to Louisiana from France thru Canada. Sam, I have seen and enjoyed some of your photo's from the Parish. I really liked the photos of the trees which have fallen victim to saltwater intrusion.

Thanks Oliver.

I have a few of the snow ball shop too, Its really started to decay over the past few years.

I love this area, Louisana coastal erosion and saltwater intrusion is acually changing the landscape from year to year. We are to receive about $540 million in federal aid over thhe next four years (less than half than whats needed) to stop coastal erosion. Its my hope that the rest of the money can be found or donated and save south Louisiana and not find its way in to the pockets of our public officials.

I always say that if it wasn't for the people, Louisiana would be a great place to live.