help me...

draugen

Last year I bought canon EOS 300D.The lens that followed with the

camera isn't anymore a challenge for me..so, if anyone of you could

help me findd a good lens that doesn't make me broke and has a good

quality and a good price. I like to take pictures of buildings and

architecture...please help me

<p>1. Get the 50/1.8. </p>

<p> 2. <a href="http://photonotes.org/articles/beginner-faq/lenses.html#whichlens">Which lens should I buy for my camera?</a> <b></b> </p>

<p> 3. <a href="http://photonotes.org/articles/beginner-faq/lenses.html#whichdigitallens">Which lens should I buy for my EOS digital camera?</a> <b></b> </p>

<p>4. What is your budget? </p>

<p>Happy shooting, <br>

Yakim.</p>

I love my 50/1.8. It's less than $80, has famously good optics (particularly at the reduced apertures you will be using outdoors), and if you take the shot at a decent distance, it will produce relatively distortion-free images. Do a search on this site. There's a ton about this lens.

I've checked some websites, and some of them say that the 55 f/1,8 II. They say its a very good lens body it is fragile because the body is made of plastic...so they suggested that i should by the 55 1,4 because of its metal casing..is this true?

I've had them both. I had the 50/1.8 for about three years. I dropped it and it broke. I bought the 50/1.4, have had it for about a year. My 50/1.4 is better than the 1.8 in colors (warmer) and bokeh (softer). They are about the same in clarity. The 50/1.8 is a steal at the price. The 50/1.4 is worth the money. You can't go wrong with either one.

Buildingds and arhitecture, hmm..

For these objects a wide-angle lens, such as a 24mm one, is traditionally advised. For example, I think the 28mm/f2.8 is a very good lens and costs less than any other wide-angle lens. The 24mm/f2.8 is a tad more expensive but equally good.

If some money is left you could add the (inexpensive) 50mm/f1.8 or (fairly priced) 85mm/f1.8 for details and object isolation.

The 28mm makes a great normal on a APS-sensor DSLR. The 35mm is a little long for my tastes (About a 55mm equivalent).

The 50mm is a superb short telephoto on a DSLR. This should be the first lens you buy after the kit no matter what brand DSLR you have (Well, except for Sigma, which doesn't offer a decent normal 50mm, only a slower macro).

ask 10 people get 10 different answers, if you shooting architecture I would go with widest quality lens I could afford. Like the 17-40 4L canon or the for less money you could get the Sigma EX 17-35mm 2.8-4.0 which is a nice lens as well. It would be helpful if we new what price range you are trying to stay in, some of the lenses people are recommending are over a $1,000 bucks. I quess "doesn't make me broke" is all relative.