1968 Chinon CS and a Chinon 135/2,8 = Love

Don, the most vivid of those images are straight out of my Fujifilms S5000 digital - shot at 200 in Chrome mode. It gives quite a healthy boost and works well with flower and veggie shots. Not bad at all. A lot of the images there are indeed film shots made with classics (Chinon CS, Kowa 6, Daichii Zenobia, etc, etc) and some not yet classics (Oly 35RD, Minolta XG1). My budget is such that I have little spending change for color dev, so the S5000 is my sidekick most days - hey, it gets it done.

:)

I have seen and received enough instances of sheer disrespect from a few choice members of the photo.net administration that I won't subscribe. Otherwise, I like to think that I'm contributing in some useful way. Cut me off and I'll setup shop elsewhere.

I have no galleries now and link images externally for my presentations.

Craig,

Great portfolio! Please continue to post in classic cameras, you are one of the most consistent high-quality shooters.

My bride and I am in Little Rock for the 4-H Wildlife Habitat Evaluation national contest, and we are both very impressed with Arkansas. For a capital city, LR has certainly retained a lot of small-town charm and local color. The scenery is great, and I'm getting hooked on fried catfish....

Dennis

I'm sorry guys. I don't understand the hotlinking issue. What do you see or experience that I don't? I only see ads (no pop-ups) if I enter the forum thru the Phot-Net Homepage. Am I doing something right (or wrong)? There are a few churlish people here and there, but I think that is the nature of the world these days with its lack of accountability for personal actions.

I do have a question about the Chinon 135/2.8.

I have one of those, and in my viewfinder it shows a large, bright circular reflective pattern whenever I point it at a bright object. Somewhat like a halo. It does so on all my M42 bodies, but my Vivitar 135/2.8 does not. Using a lenshood has no effect. The glass seems to be clean internally and thge front rim is also factory blacked. Anybody experience this? Any ideas?

-Paul

Paul, not much help Im sure, but could it be separation?

Dennis, you are too kind - I feel there are folks here with far better eyes, but I will take kudos where I can.

I'm glad you are enjoying your stay in LR. Got a mind to run down and shake yer hand, but I took a divot out of my sidewall and am not venturing out onto the big road until I get it swapped out. As I can't afford to change a minimum of two tires at the moment, I'm confined to county by-ways.

Be careful of the heat - it's been horribly hot of late. Hope the 4H stuff goes off like it should.

cRAIG

• 3 years later...

<p>Sorry, I just bought a Chinon CS, and I was wondering if you could give me any tips with using it? Also, could you please tell me what kind of battery it uses? Thanks!<br>

Your photos are terribly interesting. There's a dusky atmosphere that softens the photos.</p>