Sunrise locations in Kauai?

gregp

Lydgate State Park on the east side of the island is pretty good. I found another pretty good spot in Kapaa. If you drive north up highway 56 a ways near the northern end of Kapaa, there is a small side street that has a grass area with some great palm trees all lined up. It's right behind a small apartment building. You can spot it pretty easy from the highway. I think it might have been Kou Street or something like that.

Here are some shots, nothing great here, but you can see a couple of examples of the places I'm talking about. I took those pics all last September.

http://www.pbase.com/ssullivan28/kauai

Number 001 and 007 are from Lydgate State Park.

Number 003 and 004 were taken from that small side street.

BTW, if you find some good spots - please share! I'm going to be going back in April (hopefully) for 7 or 10 days!

Steve Sullivan

• 3 weeks later...

Some suggestions to share: Sunrise from the sandstone cliffs east of shipwreck beach

(Poipu). Mahaulepu beach eastward at anytime. Pihea trail (Kokee state park) looking inland in

the morning, looking towards the ocean in the afternoon. Salt pond beach in the afternoon.

Polihale beach at sunset. As much of the Kalalau trail as possible.

• 5 years later...

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=60150">S. Greg Panosian</a> , Sep 11, 2005; 08:41 p.m.</p>

<p>"Some suggestions to share: Sunrise from the sandstone cliffs east of shipwreck beach (Poipu). Mahaulepu beach eastward at anytime. Pihea trail (Kokee state park) looking inland in the morning, looking towards the ocean in the afternoon. Salt pond beach in the afternoon. Polihale beach at sunset. As much of the Kalalau trail as possible."</p>

<p>Cool, I'm heading back to Kauai in a few months (wow, 5 and a half years after your last post, so you'll probably never read this but what the heck!) I'll definitely give these places a try. Thanks for the suggestions!!!</p>