3rd Wedding for Critique

jon_goldstein

Please see my small sampling of shots from this recent wedding on my photo.net homepage.

I've felt roped in to doing this third one, and I can't really tell you how I ended up here. I

would like some honest feedback from others interested in photography. All of these were

shot on TMax 400 and low-res scanned by the lab that did the proofs. I print my own

finished examples on good, warm fiber paper, but I'd really like to know what people think of

my compositions. I feel a bit like an imposter... Thanks for your help

I'm no expert but here's my two cents.

I like how your subjects don't seem to be aware of your presences- makes the photos feel very intimate. For suggestions, in the bride/bridemaids shot, two girls look like they're hiding behind the columns. I'd also crop closer on the groom alone photo. The dancing shot is great. I'd love to see more. Nice job.

I like the candids, keep shooting like that and keep catching those moments. For the posed shot the one with the bride and her girls on the porch, take more control where you have to. Set them up better not behind the columns. The girls look like they do not know how or where to stand and that is where you need to direct them. From the shots you have here you did a good job and the B&G should love these. Nice work, just organize the posed work better.

I tried to scale the image down, and I thought it worked, but I guess it didn't... As for the

photo on the porch, that wasn't posed in any way, believe it or not. I'll try to attach one of

teh formal ones, though with my lack of technical competency, it might not show up!<div>00DKUb-25325884.jpg.c19dbfdb92e8139cf150164275de56ec.jpg</div>