Presently I'm using an Epson Stylus Photo R300. I think it does quite

well, but is limited to 8-1/2 x 11 paper. I'm looking to go larger and

was thinking of the R1800. Then the 2400 came out, and I thought for a

few hundred bucks more I would get the 2400. However, I just

discovered that Amazon is selling the R1800 for $189. Quandry...now is

it worth a lot of bucks more to get the 2400? Anyone have experience

with both that would have some thoughts on the matter. I would

appreciate it.

The site claimed that they had it for $166 for an evening, but all the orders at that price got cancelled as it was mispriced. Current price is $530.

I'm toying with the idea of getting an R1800 anyway. It seems to have great results on watercolor radiant white.

Your both right. I just went to their site and tonight it is lised for $529...quite a jumpfrom last night at $189. Wha's going on with Amazon. I thought they were straight shooters. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks for the feedback.<BR>Do either of you have any commnets on the printers?

Well, a friend of mine has an R800 and the results are really good (better than my 7960 in fact when it comes to color printing). The fact that it can print on matte paper is a definite plus for me, especially as it can print both on hot-press smooth paper and cold-press rough paper. The prints on the proper kind of paper are rated as highly permanent (200 years on watercolor, 104 years on PGPP).

Irv - Amazon had a pricing error. If you saw the notice quick enough, you could have gotten the printer for the mistake price. I am sure they were flooded with orders and either sold out or it triggered a notification which informed them of the error. The pricing error was noted on many sites.

<p> Doug<p>

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~dougfisher/holder/mainintro.html">Dougs

MF Film Holder for batch scanning of 120/220 medium format film with flatbeds</a>

"you could have gotten the printer for the mistake price."

Nope. I tried, so did a friends of mine, and both our orders were cancelled more than 12 hours later. The process is mentioned in Amazon's pricing policies.

Jean - You are right about the majority of them being canceled but the first people to buy or who bought within a few hours and paid for expedited 2 day shipping got their printers for the bagain price.

<p> Doug<p>

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~dougfisher/holder/mainintro.html">Dougs

MF Film Holder for batch scanning of 120/220 medium format film with flatbeds</a>

The original question was about 'R1800 vs R2400'. They are two very difference printers because they use very different ink sets - they have very different personalities. The R1800 seems more of a glossy saturated colour printer, whereas the R2400 excels at B&W and a variety of papers - more fine art. Again this is subjective on my part. Try to find out what others are doing with these printers.

I'm using a R1800 for one month now and I'm very happy with the results. I bought a Canon Pixma 8500 a few months ago, and I can say it is a fine A4 printer too, perhaps a little bit sharper than the Epson R1800 but... not easy to calibrate!

Anyway, I needed a A3+ printer and made my choice after a very clear advice in the photopress: for color, take the R1800, for black/withe the R2400 is a better choice.