Occasion

salah_benacer

Have you thought of buying elsewhere within Europe? I've just bought some Mamiya equipment in the UK, and didn't notice too much of a difference from US prices - I'll give you an example:

<p>

US Mamiya 645 SV (B&H website) 2500USD

<p>

Same (Robert White - UK) 885UKP + 17.5% tax = 1040UKP or 1663USD

<p>

Which I think you'll agree is a pretty good difference - even if you take the strong pound into account. Of course, since you're in the EU, that's the only tax you'll pay - wheras the US purchase would mean that you would have to pay French import duty and VAT.

<p>

I was talking to a photo retailer here about these price differences. Apparently the UK is currently subject to a lot of grey importing, so all the MF brands are keeping prices down and offering other incentives. This seems to be in direct contrast to 35mm (Nikon seems to be double the cost in the UK compared to the US).

<p>

I have no connection with Robert White, however they are on <a href="mailto:sales@robertwhite.co.uk">sales@robertwhite.co.uk</a>.

• 5 months later...

Salah,

<p>

Living in Switzerland, I recently purchased a 6MF from

Dale Photographic services in the U.K.

156 A Briggate, LEEDS LS1 6LY(tel +44 113 2454256) by post. Total price for 6MF with 75mm standard lens GBP 1022.00 approx FF 9000

The price was good and so was the service afterwards when I had a shutter problem in the lens.

<p>

Alan Bradford

• 4 years later...