michael_j._kravit1

I recently received an order of Polaroid Type 55 for a project I am

working on. Yesterday, on location I found that after exposing and

removing the film packets without processing, the metal clip would

not adhere securely to the packet.

This resulted in an umber of sheets of film inadevertently pulling

out of the packets. At first I thought this might be caused by the

holder so I used a second holder and has the same problem. I have

never experienced this before and am a bit baffled.

Both holders are only a few months old.

Any thoughts?

Michael-

I try to remove sheets by removing the holder from the camera, pushing the envelope first down into the clip from the face (exposure side), then working it up and out while holding down the release button. It might help the envelope seat a little more securely. Another solution would be to put a piece of tape around the packet and clip after removal - which is how I use the "exposed" stickers supplied with Quickloads. It's possible that neither suggestion would be addressing your root cause, though. Is it happening with other films in the same holders and were these holders generally reliable before?

These holders are only a month old. I opened a brand new box of T55 today and the problem no longer exists. I this that this was due to faulty packets.

I also tape the clip after exposure. I normally carry a pack of Avery file folder labels. The only problem is to gently remove the label prior to reinserting the packet for processing.

Anyway, looks like my problem is solved.

Thanks

Mike

Don't know if this helps but sometimes the metal clip will get stuck in the end where the

mechanism grips the metal clip. What happens is the successive polariods never lock in so

after inserting the film and pulling, the whole packet comes out and the neg's not exposed.

The SK Grimes website used to have a link to disassembling a polaroid back and could be of

help.

Again, I don't know if this is your problem but if it is, it's a real simple fix.

Polaroid's site may also be of help.