Alaska Travel Blog

tom_walker1

On my website, www.tomwalkerphotography.com, I have begun submitting blog

entries on travel information for nature photographers coming to, or

interested in, Alaska. Curently I have a blog (an article really) for St.

George Island, in the Pribilofs, and another on bear photography locations.

Suggestions for future topics welcomed.

Tom walker

Thanks for the good info & wonderful photos Tom. My son lives in Anchorage & is traveling to St George Island in 2-4 weeks (DOT engineer)to work. What might he look for at that time if he has the time?

Also I had been to Brooks Camp during mid-July(big salmon run)& got some great bear photos. I will be in Anc. Aug 5-19 & will travel to Katmai again if salmon are running. Is there any salmon run at this time? Thank you! http://www.pbase.com/cwphoto/alaska

The best time for nesting birds and wildflowers on St. George is the first week in July but he will have plenty of birds around and the beginnings of the amazing wildflower show. Tell him to be sure to hike to High Bluff, especially on a clear day.

As far as salmon runs at Brooks River in august, not so good as earlier. Most of the reds are in the lake and start coming back down after spawning toward end of the month - may be good for greyling and rainbows. August is also not prime time for bears on the river. Many are in the high country for berries.

TW

• 1 month later...

I'm preparing for my 2nd trip to Alaska. This time I will be travelling by bicycle starting up north on the haul road and ending up in Prince George BC. I am anxious for any photo tips, advice, locations, subjects that anyone may have to offer. I am not on a set course and have some extra time. I prefer nature shots, outdoor shots, etc. Cities are of no interest to me.

Thanks,

Tim Macking CCNA

• 2 years later...

No, it isn't just the mountains, sparkling lakes or glaciers that draw travelers to Alaska but the magic in the land, its mystical boreal pull. It's a place that ignites the imaginations of people who live in the city but long to wander in the woods.

-------------------------

Stellathomas

<a href="http://www.drugaddiction.net/alaska" REL="Do follow">Alaska Drug Addiction</a>