Hi,

I decided to try medium format with a Yashica MAT 124G and I can't

even finish one roll because the shutter keeps getting jammed. Is

this a common problem with this specific model and should I just

return the Yashica and get something else (a Rolleiflex or Rolleicord

maybe)?

Thanks,

Marvin

I'm not sure what to do actually since it's supposed to be a great camera based on all the literature I've read on this site and elsewhere (but how would I know if I can't even finish a roll at this point). Since I got it from and B&H I also paid more than I would if I got one from eBay. It does look like it's in near-mint condition (outside anyway). Should I just get this camera checked out back at the store? Any suggestions?

Thanks for all teh replies. I found out what I was doing wrong through another guy's feedback on the web (forgot the URL). Apparently, upon cranking the film wind for the next exposure, I'm supposed to fold back the winder securely into the notch that takes the winder handle. Otherwise, the shutter gets jammed. I don't think it needs a CLA. Sorry for the trouble.

I am enjoying the TLR. Different feeling from shooting 35mm/digital. I get thrown off composing though, as the image is reversed and the ground glass image almost disappears in low light. I haven't had a roll developed yet and I didn't use a handheld meter, so I'm wondering how my shots will come out (I used negative color film though, and will be using black and white next). Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...