K10D Automatic White Balance...

fahed_a

I'm trying to change the Automatic White Balance (AWB) in my camera to

Daylight, But After a couple of minutes the setting return to the AWB by it

self!! Is there a way to make the Daylight(or any other setting) the defult

setting, I'm feeling tired of checking the White balance before every shot

especially in the field... Thank you in advance...

Hi Chelo & Andrew,

Andrew, I'm using the User mode; And it seems that Chelo advice is working with the Manual mode(and mayby other advanced modes), and though the Daylight will still be there as long as camera is in 'ON', the setting will go back to to AWB when I turn the camera 'OFF'; what's more? this trick couldn't be done in User mode!

For now I can live with Chelo Advice, in Manual mode, as long as it is almost the same features I use in my User mode, but if someone can help me in doing this in User mode or at least keeping the WB settings even if the Camera was turned OFF I'll be grateful. Thank you Chelo... And thank you all in Advance...

Easiest solution... read the manual about USER mode. You set the parameters in USER mode. You have set and saved AWB for USER mode. So unless you change and re-save your USER settings, everytime you turn on the camera it will be AWB. This is the same for alot of other setting ie ISO, drive mode.

Thank you Patrick. You got it right, now I can use the User mode and save the Daylight setting!.. I believe that I have to spend more time with my camera to learn about these new features, it's not easy to jump from the MZ5-n to K10D..! Now can anybody tell's me how I can have the velvia color/contrast quality with this CCD?!! ;-)