chad_jones

I've seen several posts referencing ordering replacement parts for

EOS cameras directly from Canon. I've tried a search on both

Photo.net and Canon to figure out how to do this. Can someone

provide a number (in the US) I need to call for the parts

department? Also, do I need a part number and if so, can someone

point me to where I can find this for my camera. I have a Rebel T2

that needs a new focusing screen (the old one was scratched by a

moronic user - me). Thanks for any help.

I started out with an 800 number on the canon website and eventually got to the New Jersey repair facility. I had to go thru about 4 people, but they all picked up with-in a couple of rings and got me a step closer. Ended up with a tech who did copiers as well as cameras, but she was good and got me my part, lens mount.

I was amazed at how fast I got to her and how well she handled my request.

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

This post is for member Mark Ryan, or anybody who has insight into replacing your own Canon EOS lens mount. The mount on my 1D MKII has a broken pin. It seems like a waste to send it in for repair, incur the fees and be without it when it should be a do it yourself job. I've been looking online confirm that it is. What insight can anybody share with me about this?

Thanx

• 1 month later...

Carl,

In terms of replacing the lens contact assembly, I too had a similar issue and you unfortunately cannot purchase just that assembly by itself from Canon.

Well, let's just say that for the 5D the specific part number in question is CY3-1519 which is called the "Box Assembly" which includes, more or less, the vast majority of the camera's "guts." Specifically, this Box Assembly includes, among other things, the Eyepiece Assembly, Focus Screen, Lens Contact Assembly, Mirror and other associated hardware. In terms of pricing, at least for the 5D that is, this unit runs $220.11 plus $15.00 shipping.

I ordered mine directly from Canon by calling them at 866.481.2569 (or at (732) 521-7230).

When I asked about the 1D Mark III, she stated it would be a similar box assembly (different part number of course) required in order to replace the contacts.

Hope that helps!