Asahiflex blues

A few weeks ago, a colleague at work told me that he wished he'd known that I collected

cameras, bacause he had put a couple of old ones into the dumpster a few weeks before.

What!! Throw out cameras? I was bummed, wondering what they were.

Today he stopped by with a small box containing accessories for an Asahiflex! A bellows,

and a microscope adapter as well as a lens hood and filter. Now I am really bummed. An

asahiflex would have been a real treasure! The other item was a lens froma Miranda - a

35mm f 2.8 in original tear-drop case. Wish he'd known about me collecting cameras

earlier....

But, there always are two sides to a coin. Spreading the word about my camera mania did indeed land some nice things onto my desk. However, it also caused a not insignificant number of friends, acquantances and relatives becoming persuaded that I would or rather should buy their garbage at astronomic collector's prices, and in quite a few cases it took a lot of diplomacy to turn such offers down without ruining an otherwise pleasant relationship. A lady who unfortunately is very close to my wife is still mad at me over my refusal to buy her late fater's Konica Autoreflex T3 (a nice camera, though) for what she regarded as a "fair price" well in excess of 1000 euro...

I got a canonet ql gIII(from a guy on photo.net)and I might get a friends granfather TLR (if she finds it)which is probably a rolleiflex.

Also got a soviet Start in mint condition,Zenit E,a leningrad 2 meter,,elicon 35cm camera and several point and shoots of good quality(one konica and one minolta)

There are plusses and minuses to being known as the office camera buff. Sometimes you are given junque cameras by people who really think they are worth something. Other times you get to help, and that's fun. I was able to get a Minolta P&S camera of a co-worker going again after about 15 minutes of fiddling. For others I've had the pleasure of showing them how an SLR can be used to make pictures.