Artifacts(?) on a Tri-X, development problem?

a_petkov

Thanks for the replies. Definitely going to develop on my on now ... I do not want to risk any shots in the hands of someone else.

The shots on this film a definitely usable for web, but I doubt it will be ok printed out.<div>00G1mT-29393184.jpg.bd5fdd214f4d88a357f28bd3857e5a15.jpg</div>

Looks like reticulation to me, too. The cause is often temperature 'shock', large differences in temperature between processing solutions. Normal temp. developer followed by a hot water stop bath could do it. Actually, I think this looks sort of 'artsy', but that probably is not what you wanted from this negative. If you diffuse it in the enlarger it might look interesting?

Classic reticulation caused by temp shock to the soft emulsion. I've also seen a form of this when an acid stop bath was not diluted properly and "pickled" the emulsion.

Not to sound too old, but 20 years ago this would have never happened at a decent lab.

It's just too easy to do b&w yourself.

Anastas,

This is definitely Reticulation. Caused by significant temperature differences between the developer and fixer.

Your laboratory is responsible! So with negative and print in hand, revisit them and demand a) your money back. b) a new film.

This at the very least! There is precious little excuse for this with home processing. There is absolutely NO excuse for this with a lab.

I've been doing B&W processing at home for 52 years...I've had this happen once...about 20 years ago.

Hi,

I once gave a b/w film to a pro photographer who is a friend of mine, his brother had a lab and so i trusted him for good results. I gave him two films, because I did not come to my darkroom for some months. To make it short, they ruined both films with nice landscape photos. I was very very angry.

I learned that its better to wait and keep the film in the fridge for some weeks more and to develop myself than to have a hurry and ruin the films. someone told me that in the machines they use higher temperature to develop more films per hour. I don't know if this is good for the quality of the film.

regards Richard