Can filters be changed in R 19mm F2.8 v2 ?

john_c.

Good question. I think it was asked once before, but I don't recall that there was a definitive answer. Personally, were I to buy this lens, I'd like the option of a skylight filter, and I would gladly give up the blue filter in exchange. The yellow-green and orange filters are useful, though. The so-called ND filter is really a clear filter with no significant density. It's just there to avoid changing the optical parameters when no filtration is needed.

The filter array is inside the lens, between elements, so disassembly would be required. I suggest you email Don Goldberg, or John Van Stelten at Focal Point. Please let us know what you find out--it's good info for the archives.

I e-mailed Sherry and DAG. Sherry wrote back and said she had never done this before,

but would look into it and get back to me. I will call the suggested contacts.

I shoot mostly chrome film. Any suggestions for an ideal array of four filters? I'd like an

81C, 81EF, and 82A. I'd probably keep the yellow/orange.

For most things Leica I would go with DAG or Sherry Krauter at Golden Touch and have used them both. For something like this I would go direct to Leica and ask them about it. They have the parts and the expertise.

Leica USA Northvale, New Jersey 800-222-0118 www.leicacamerausa.com

Good luck!

<i>For something like this I would go direct to Leica and ask them about it.</i><p>

Yes, me too. Furthermore I'd skip Leica USA and instead contact Solms direct. When I looked into this a few years ago, I remember reading that the lens has to be completely taken apart. So IMO it's best to get Solms to do this sort of thing.<p>

As for my ideal filter set... FWIW an 80B, a 81C and a 30M.

I received the following terse response from Leica/Solms: "Sorry, but it is not possible".

Still waiting to hear further from Sherry. DAG's response was that I would likely need to

have filters custom made for the rotating element, since Leica likely did not make any

other than those which are installed at manufacture.

Oh well... I'm probably gonna buy the lens anyway.