I have one D200 and D70s along with N80 supported by AF 80-200/F2.8

ED Nikkor with tripod collor and AF-DX 18-70/3.5-4.6f. Now I want to

dispose off my D70s with 18-70 DX and go for Nikkor AF 18-70/F2.8 so

that I can use both the lense in D200 and N80 . Is that right

decision? Can any one help. I will be greatful for your

suggesstions . Thanks in advance.

Thangavelu Nachimuthu

New Delhi

no such lens as 18-70 2.8. There is eithor the 28-70 (not realy wide enough for digital) or the 17-35 (or whatever) that you can use. The 17-55mm lens is DX only as I understand, meaning you cant use it on your N80.

17-35 (aprox, I cant remember) is your best option. the 'right decision' is up to you!

Sorry Gyus I have made the mistake while punching the keys.. I meant only AF 28-70/f2.8 ED-IF Nikkor . I have posted one more request after reading it carefully??. I hope I will get some good advice from you pros.

Thanks

35mm film and Nikon DSLRs are different formats. IMO, trying to find a zoom lens that works for both in a similar fashion is an exercise of frustration. The 28-70mm/f2.8 happens to work on both, but for totally different reasons: the 28-70 is a great event lens for shooting parties and weddings because it goes from moderate wide to short tele. To accomplish the same on digital you'll need a 17-55 DX. The 28-70 is not at all wide on a DSLR but it can be a very good portrait lens.

In your particular case, your DSLR is much better than your film camera. Unless you are sure that you want to shoot both, I would put your emphasis on digital. A lot of people, including me, hardly shoot film any more. If you happen to fall into the category that wants to shoot both, you need to get separate lenses for the different formats. Do you have other existing lenses besies the 80-200 for your N80?