Picture for Critique

merlin

I really like it. It's unique, and has an interesting mood to it. With that being said, the first thought that came to mind was "The Marriage that didnt go through." Sitting by a bar, the look on her face... just doesnt have a "happy wedding day" look to it.

I dont think that's a bad thing for the shot, makes it interesting, but for an advertisement... something to thing about. The one thing I'd change about it (this is nitpicking) is removing what looks to be someone elses hand (near her elbow). Takes away from the loneliness of the shot (from my perspective).

Cheers,

Reuben

I like the lighting quality, quantity and the pattern you used for her. Two ideas to help you. I'd have the camera height at her head or even her eyes. You may need a stool to look through your viewfinder but that's OK. This would lessen the chin issue and focus more of our attention on her face. To bring up more ambience I would set a shutter a little slower. You could try coffee in the wine glass as I've found it can look pretty cool! Use the camera in manual and set the f stop the same as you have here and run the shutter a little longer to bring up the background a wee bit more. You may need to do some other stuff to have the background compliment and add to your image.

But I like what you did. Nice work and thanks for asking for my thoughts.

My best to you!

You know, that's the first time I noticed that little hand sticking out there from the side. I'm glad someone pointed that out. I'll have to remove that one asap. Anyway, the bride and the groom wanted to go to a bar of all places between the formals and the reception. So I decided to tag along for some unique pics. the lighting was bounced off a 45 degree angled wall with a single bracketed flash. I appreciate the help.

Many moods happen at a wedding. It's nice to show a range of emotions as the day

progresses. However, as a stand alone image for a promotional piece I'm not sure this

would be the ultimate choice. If one of a couple images showing a range, then it may work

fine.

Could it be improved is a loaded question. IMO, this is an elegant woman, dressed simply

and with a classic hairstyle. The framing and other intrusions in the frame take away from

that elegance. I'd consider cleaning it up a tad, move in tighter on her, and explore B&W...

maybe something like this:<div>00CZwI-24190284.jpg.0e8d0c6c588f42e6691f78d1a853895e.jpg</div>

Stephen - Please make sure you type in a caption when you post an image. That way it will show up on the page and not as a link. (See Marc William's post of your image). <p>I think this image works on an album page with a related image.. Maybe it's a toast and she's listening for example. I don't think it is strong enough for an ad.