Super Ikonta 532/16: making old photos today

Post a question? Honestly I love this camera and just want to show

pictures. I love the way old lenses make old-looking pictures. Okay,

I have a question too. How many people keep the leather cases on

these old folders when they use them? They're such a pain in the

ass.<div>00CvdX-24742284.jpg.decd4356579c84628268482f0133f8c0.jpg</div>

Matt, nice photos , I especially like the flowers. I take my Supr Ikonta out of the

case what I am going to be using it for a while. The case is a pain to use, but

does give a certain ammount of protection. These are great cameras in almost

every other way .

I keep all my classics out of their leather cases. Many of the cases have become magnets for mold through deterioration and bad storage. I do give them a good saddle soaping and light mink oiling, but still keep everything separate. If I ever get to use my equipment again, then a small, padded nylon bag with space for film will do. Also, many of the oldies seem to develop chrome rub offs when kept in their leathers. Just one guy's opinion.

Very nice shots, Matt. My favourite is the deserted playground; has an apocalyptic feel about it. I hope to post some photos from my 521/16 soon, if any of them turn out. My first attempt was awful, hopefully my second attempt turns out better. I don't like the leather cases either.

Nancy

Hello Matt,

The first (flowers) photo is my favorite. Nicely done. I love the look to the older lenses also. The only cases I use are on my Contina and Nettar 515 (I don't store them their cases. I only put the case on when I go out taking photos). The Contina because it is spotless and I hope to keep it that way as long as I can (Vanity...I know!) and the Nettar 515 because the case is a pouch type and the camera slips in and out very quickly and makes the camera easy to carry. Besides the shoulder straps are beautiful, long, brown leather and can be slung across my body nicely. Then I look cool. Image is everything ;)

Thanks all for your answers (and kind words). My Ikonta's case was actually ripped apart by ape-like airport security inspectors who couldn't figure out how to open it. They check your checked bags when you're not looking nowadays. Beware packing anything valuable. They will break it and leave a note saying they aren't liable for damage!