Using non PQ lens on 6008AF??

larry_leung1

hi, theoretically all electronic lenses can be used on the Af without any harm to the body. for nonPQ lenses, you have to stop down manually for metering. I have thus been able to use all my lenses (80 planar and 120 macro-planar) from 6006 eras. except the 50mm distagon. it doesn't work at all. though it is still functioning normally in my old 6006. i went to Jebsen and asked the engineer Mr. Cheung, who tried the lens on his own AF body and still the lens did not work, but it worked in his 6008i. so I guess this is idiosyncratic. Tak

I had a similar problem being unable to use the M39/M40 shutter adapter on my 6008AF. Attempting to use it didn't damage the camera, and that same shutter adapter works fine on my 6008i. My guess is that it's a firmware issue, with the camera perpetually waiting for information from the lens, but not getting it.

as you mention the shutter adapter 59926, I would like to share with you my experience. it works in 6008i but it does not trigger any flash. but when you attach it to 6008af, it also shows the words 'no auto' and it seems that it does not work. but when you flip up the mirror, and press the shutter release, it works! it fires from 1/500 to 30s and B. though the LCD panel shows nothing. it also trigger flash. however, it can only synchronise flash with shutter speed 1/30 or slower. you may want to have a try. all my schneider enlargement lenses are thus usable as close up lenses with the 59926 and any combination of extension tubes. however, rodenstock enlargement lenses have bodies too fat to sit in the adapter.